Ex Machina is seeking an experienced operations engineer or someone with a strong background in system administration to join our PlayToTV server operations team in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be responsible for setting up and maintaining deployments of our PlayToTV server software and improve the efficiency of operating and scaling our clusters. You will also be the person that monitors our systems during high profile national and international second screen events powered by our software. A suitable candidate must be very comfortable with highly varying working hours.
- Set up, administer and monitor server clusters
- Monitor and operate the servers during TV shows and other events
- Help design and implement improvements of our operations toolset and associated processes
- Work together with engineers on projects as needed
- Comfortable with off-hour / on-call duties
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- An advanced understanding of a UNIX-based operating system, including system installation / configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration, kernel tuning, package management, and process control / management
- Intermediate knowledge of high-availability web architecture and technology, durability solutions, load-balancing methods, performance monitoring / tuning, and application / exception troubleshooting
- Able to write scripts and webtools in an administrative language (Python, Ruby, Perl, or shell)
- Knowledge of Devops
- A minimum of 1 years of systems administration experience of which at least 6 months or a strong interest in distributed/cloud environments.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Experience with Amazon EC2
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with administrating and monitoring MongoDB or similar NoSQL databases
Interested to work as operations engineer at Ex Machina?
Direct applications only.